Salt is a substance that gives a salty taste to food. It is available in fine or coarse form, and is added to food or is a hidden ingredient in soy sauce, ketchup, preserved soya beans, mayonnaise, cheese, salted fish or in seasoning powder and stock cubes.
Salt is need to:
- Control the balance of body fluids
- Maintain proper muscle and nerve control
- Help maintain normal blood pressure
- Use natural ingredients such as lime juice and spices.
- Reduce the use of salt, artificial flavouring, soy sauce and preserved soya beans in cooking.
- Reduce the consumptjin of processed food such as tinned food, sausages, burgers and instant noodles.
- Reduce the use of mayonnaise and cheese in food preparation.
- Reduce the salty snacks such as crips and salted nuts.
- Reduce preserved food such as salted fish, salted eggs, shrimp paste, fermented shrimp sause, fermented anchovy sause, pickled fruit and pickled vegetables.
- Read food lables and avoid buying food which are rich in sodium chloride and monosodium glutamate (MSG).
- Limit salt intake to 1 teaspoon per day.
Health for a Lifetime only at : http://kitasihat.blogspot.com Artikel Kesihatan untuk Rujukan dan Manfaat Kita bersama khas dari : http://kitasihat.blogspot.com